Nationally provided by Unlimited Supplies
Provides early visual detection of loose wheel nuts. Reduces downtime and damaged part costs, provides visual detection of dragging brakes and reduces employee and public injury
- Visually Ensures Safety of Wheel
- Indicates Brake Drag, Over Use or Tight Bearings
- Easy Installation
||General Application |
||Courier Style Vehicles |
||1 Ton & 1/2 Ton Vans |
||Other Courier Vehicles |
||School Buses |
||Spoke Style Hubs |
||Hub Piloted Wheels |
||Trucks with Older Rounded Nuts |
||Buses with Newer Pointed Nuts |
||Hino & Isuzu Trucks |
||Construction & Off Road |
- Check wheel nut, studs, rims and threads for damage unsatisfactory to manufacturers recommendations.
- Lubricate threads and torque wheel nuts to manufacturers specifications prior to fitting SAFETY WHEEL Nut Indicators.
- Size the wheel nut by measuring the A/F [Across the Flats] dimension.
- As depicted on right, The SAFETY WHEEL should be a tight slide fit to the washer or hub face, with the triangular arrow spaced (not flush) at the nut base.
- Fit the SAFETY WHEEL indicators to a uniform pattern. Any pattern may be used as long as any movement is clearly visible, normally dictated by rim dimension and stud PCD.
Safety Wheel Application
- If the nut loosens, the SAFETY WHEEL Visual Loose Wheel Nut Indicator will move with it and out of the original uniform pattern, clearly indicating to the operator a need for intervention.
- In the event of brake drag, over use, or tight bearings, the SAFETY WHEEL at a temperature of approximately 123 degrees C [248 degrees F], will deform and change color around the perimeter indicating excessive heat build up.
- SAFETY WHEEL Visual Loose Wheel Nut Indicator is manufactured from Heavy Duty Service Grade Polyethylene. UV stabilized polymer provides dimensional stability and stops sunlight degradation.
13021 16th Ave N.
Plymouth, MN 55441
|© Unlimited Supplies, Inc.